after market link

are aftermarket links similar to rg3 used on yamahas

are aftermarket links similar to rg3 used on yamahas

if you are talking about swing arm linkage it is a waste of time and money. They will not make a big enough difference. The stock yamaha linkage is near perfect and that':thumbsup:s why you see linkage for hondas and suzuki and not yamaha for sale.

Heres a recent thread on the subject:

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=877191&highlight=linkage

according to the mags the '10 needs a new linkage....Pro Circuit or Ride Engineering. Check out the May issue of MXA...

according to the mags the '10 needs a new linkage....Pro Circuit or Ride Engineering. Check out the May issue of MXA...

when you put a link on does it change how the bike turns

when you put a link on does it change how the bike turns

personally I have no idea, but according to MXA 5/10 it helps "balance out the chassis, which levels the bike out, and takes some load off the front forks and the allow the frame geometry to to be changed across a wider range of angles..."

so it sounds like it does change how the bike corners. I'd probably email or call Pro Circuit and see what they say.

Is your '10 having cornering issues?

personally I have no idea, but according to MXA 5/10 it helps "balance out the chassis, which levels the bike out, and takes some load off the front forks and the allow the frame geometry to to be changed across a wider range of angles..."

so it sounds like it does change how the bike corners. I'd probably email or call Pro Circuit and see what they say.

Is your '10 having cornering issues?

I love the way it corners.

The 2010 YZF turns better with an aftermarket link. Takes a lot of the front end weight transfer on hard braking away. Gives you just a little more leverage for smoothing out the braking bumps. The bike can stay lower on the face of jumps and get the power back on the ground sooner. Lets the bike settle in corners and allows the rear wheel to stay in the rut or turn without stepping out of square edges.

Just make sure you are properly sprung for rider + gear weight, install it and reset sag, and then raise the forks up according to the manufacturer's instructions. If those guidelines are not followed a bike will handle "not so good" and you may come away with a bad taste in your mouth about lowering links. Pretty much every pro racer on the AMA Outdoors (I know we're not those guys) uses an aftermarket link depending on course and conditions. I know for a fact Ivan Tedesco uses one and a few of Travis Pastrana's shorter Yamaha buddies do; not for SX but for outdoor riding and racing.

Prices range from $155 to $225 depending on manufacturer.