2000 yz426f please help...

Hey all I have a 2000 yamaha 426f and I just had the cases replaced because of a broken bearing hold. Got it all back together and I have a couple of questions?

1. I know these things run hot but after a couple minutes of warming up the radiators are so hot they cannot be touched. Is it possible that the water pump is not working?

2. Cylinder head breather hose has a faint trace of coolant sometimes. I know that the radiator breather hose is down there as well but I swabbed the inside of the cylinder breather hose and there is a trace amount of coolant.

I have had two strokes for a long time and just got into four strokes.

If I could get any info at all it would be awesome.

thanks

One is normal. They heat up fast at a standstill.

Two could be normal. It depends on whether the stuff you're finding is coolant or atmospheric condensation. If it's coolant, that means it's in your oil, which is a) bad, and needs immediate correction, and ? pretty easy to detect from examining the oil itself.

The oil, if contaminated, should have a milky, foamy appearance, and it the sump drain plug on the bottom of the trans is removed slowly, coolant shouls appear just before the oil.

Grey thanks for the advice I drained the oil and and it was a little milky I took a pic of it when I replaced the gaskets I did not replace the water pump seal at least that is what the dealer said. All the gaskets were brand new. What is your opionion and it looks easy to do the impeller seal.

2010_04060014.jpg

I am just so scared about the breather tube leaking antifreeze, is there anyway to flush the motor oil out? should you be able to spin the water pump impeller and it keep spinning or should it have some resistance?

the water pump is not free if you try to spin it, it will not keep spinning, is it supposed to keep spinning if you flick it or spin it. it will only spin if you keep spinning it. no bad sound coming from the bearing though.