HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rider413

2088 YZ450F motor bogging

7 posts in this topic

I have had a 2008 YZ450f since it was new. The bike developed a killer bog while under throttle during the last ride. I pulled the carb and cleaned it. Pulled exhaust pipe. Disconnected the throttle position sensor, and kill switch. I also took the air filter completely off. All of these changes had no effect. The motor will start within one or two kicks. Then rev cleanly to almost 1/2 throttle. Then it falls on it's face so bad it will kill the motor. The jetting is the same as I have run since the last rebuild. Nothing found in the carb. The bike sounds way too rich but removing the air filter has no effect. Has anyone had ignition box or stator problems with these bikes?

If it's really too rich, you might want to see if the main jet fell out. OTOH, you could be wrong, the bike could be lean due to a blockage in the jet.

Yup...I was gonna say that its a main jet issue. I would take the carb back apart and recheck. If it isnt that, then its likely electrical.

Damn your bike must be trick!!! But how did you get is 78 years early? Time machine?

:thumbsup:

Damn your bike must be trick!!! But how did you get is 78 years early? Time machine?

:thumbsup:

And their still using carbs. That disappoints me.