Shoot me...... 2010 YZF450

i am sure a local hardware store would have a similar length bolt to get you by for the time being???

Phsssssssht....if its any like around here they wont.

i am sure a local hardware store would have a similar length bolt to get you by for the time being???

I rather keep it all original, I am sure the bolts are designed to shear in a certain place, so the damage caused by idiots like me is kept to a minimum. :thumbsup:

They aren't. Based on the part number, it's an ordinary M6x1.0x70 flange head bolt, same as has been used for years on other machines they've built. The dealer will probably have a bag of them.

I rather keep it all original, I am sure the bolts are designed to shear in a certain place, so the damage caused by idiots like me is kept to a minimum. :thumbsup:

I knew that, but what I wasnt certain of, is the metal composition used to make the bolt. I didnt want to get a steel bolt capable of killing threads instead of shearing. Maybe they arent as high tech, as I would like to think they are. I called about 30 bike shop/dealers yesterday trying to get a bolt, and all of them had to order the bolt. f......g Sweden for you. I robbed one of my CRF for now, which made me feel guilty, It felt bad enough taking the hand protectors of it to put on the Yzf, But taking one of its vital bits..... sigh..

Great, you found the parts. :thumbsup:

Info was from right here in Yamaha Japan Web. Yamaha Parts Catalogue

Looks like you can registar and get access to US version here.

Looks like they have taken the parts manual from that site for the 2010 450

But thanks anyway

Hey, don't feel bad about snapping a bolt with a torque wrench. The first oil change I did on my Honda CBX750F back in the eighties, I used a torque wrench on the oil drain bolt and I managed to crack the alloy pan! Boy was I depressed.

Mind you, my nickname was 'Bodger Bell' when I was an apprentice. My dad confiscated my torque wrench.:thumbsup:

I use an inch/lbs torque wrench and tighten everything to spec with no problems, if you are using a wrench that goes to 100 ft/lbs for a 9 ft/lbs bolt, it may be too hard to feel the click.....just sayin'

it´s a 1/4 inch drive torque wrench.