'03 YZ250F cams in a '00 WR400

I know that my question might be for the WR section but I'm sure I have a better chance for a good answer here so:

Will both intake and exhaust cams from a '03 YZ250F fit in my '00 WR400? I can get both cams for less than $100 so I think it will be a good deal. Also will I gain some more power with these cams, besides the auto decompression?

No, the 250F cams won't fit at all.

The YZ450 cams won't fit as a pair, because you won't be able to time them. Read:

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?p=8907584#post8907584

Refer to the DCM cam thread, link to instructions for details.

Using the '03 exhaust cam provides a nice little boost in power, but the aftermarket stage one cams are easier to install.

Thank you kindly sir!

It's really hard to get HotCams or any aftermarket cams here, almost nobody ships to Eastern Europe...wish I was born in the USA.

Then what you want is a cam from an '03-'05 YZ450. An '06 will also work, but you'll loose a bit of low end (not much)

Using the '03 exhaust cam provides a nice little boost in power, but the aftermarket stage one cams are easier to install.

grayracer513, please help me figure out what combination to use.

I have a '03 yz450f exhaust cam, and a hotcams stage 1 exhaust cam

What would you recommend for best performance in my case (yz426):

a. 03 exhaust cam + stock intake

b. hotcams stage 1 exhaust + stock intake

c. hotcams stage 1 both exhaust and intake (will need to buy the hotcams intake)

There isn't really that much difference between the three. If I had the parts you have, I'd probably lean toward :thumbsup: just for the simplicity, assuming the Hot Cams exhaust is an auto decomp cam made for a 426.

There isn't really that much difference between the three. If I had the parts you have, I'd probably lean toward :thumbsup: just for the simplicity, assuming the Hot Cams exhaust is an auto decomp cam made for a 426.

Thank you!