Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
derek182

Yamaha
YZ250 Rebuilt top end, still no compression

8 posts in this topic

I have an 88 YZ250. Just rebuilt the top end and theres no compression. It sounds like the air is escaping somewhere inside the top end. Any help?

yea i put all new gaskets on the top end. i took the air filter off and it feels like air is being pushed out instead of being sucked in. Is that normal? I don't think it is but i really dont know

If you installed the piston backwards you bent all three intake valves = no compression.

how do the reeds effect the compression? makes no sense to me. once the piston makes the stroke and blocks the ports up the compression has no where to go besides the head, between the rings and the cylinder or out a port if the piston is backwards

Sorry thought it was a 4-stroke, anyway yes reeds can cause problems. Think of your reeds as a intake valve, if it does not close it will not run correctly. With the reed cage in your hand and looking through it from the intake side you should not see any light, if so there is the problem.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• By KaToomTime
      Ok so we have a thread in Northwest that is for helmet cam vids, well lots of mine are shot with my mobile, so sort of rules that out, also we have Short Attention Span Theatre, but those are 45 seconds max. Here in the Pics and Vid section there is a thread on Technical Trails, but the Secret Training Ground has lots of technical bits, these climbs are semi-technical. The more we ride them, the easier they get. There are also lots of short, technical spots generally steep with roots but those are all short sections.  I will post up vids from the Secret Training Ground. If you have some Secret location vids, post em up, but it has to be a secret location. No telling where you're at.
      Backstory here... we keep making little climbs that are more difficult than the last one. First Hill, No Way, Rock Face, then OhEmEffGee, each time we're thinking man, not sure we'll get up it, then after wearing it down a bit we start to make it up on a regular basis. Cheers.

Latest- hot off the press from the last 3-4 weeks. Rock Face Revisited bit is from last weekend. Super muddy slick (not as slick as wet clay though)...
      https://youtu.be/ZldYXmPAy9E
    • By DirtDestroyer
      I stripped the shift shaft on my 2001 yz125 2-stroke. I was wondering what parts I'd need to replace it, because when i look on rockymountain it showed the parts on everything that could be replaced. I was wondering if I could just buy the shift shaft assy, spacer, spring torsion, and oil seal. On the website that'd be 1,4,3,7. Here's where I'm seeing all this stuff https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/oem-schematic/2. Thank you in advance for any replies.
    • By BMar
      Hey everyone!

I went out to the desert last weekend and decided to record it. We rode mostly tight sand washes. Check it out!

PS Turn up the resolution and  the cameras were faced too far down but I tried to make it work

• By C-P
      Looking for the 2009-specific head pipe for 09 YZ250F.  Let me know what you have, thanks!
    • By Lachie carwo
      does anyone know if a 1997 Yamaha WR250z is legal on your L's/LAMS?