clutch arm spring? HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

does anyone know how to remove the clutch cable push rod arm thingy? located above the front sprocket, as i need to replace the spring that sits on the arm.

fsgvlksfb.jpg

To bad about that sticking key on your computer.

What year/model bike?

:lol::applause::thumbsup::)

What year/model bike?

its a 2005 wr 450 F (uk model)

any help or adive would be super.

many thanks

bask

does anyone know how to remove the clutch cable push rod arm thingy? located above the front sprocket, as i need to replace the spring that sits on the arm.

fsgvlksfb.jpg

To remove the clutch cable push rod arm thingy I would adjust the clutch cable all the way in on the lever and then remove the nut at the base of the head that holds the clutch cable. Once the nut is removed pull the cable out of the holder and disconnect it from the arm. You could then lay the bike over and remove the clutch cover or drain your oil first and then remove the clutch cover.

RebuildPhotos065.jpg

Remove the pressure plate, thrust washer and dont lose the little steel ball

RebuildPhotos064.jpg

And slide the rod out a little to allow the clutch arm to release(I have the whole clutch basket out already in the photo but you dont have to)

RebuildPhotos019.jpg

You can then remove the bolt and pull the arm straight up.

Here's the schematic for you.

http://www.bikebandit.com/houseofmotorcycles/2005-yamaha-motorcycle-wr450ft-wr450f-clutch/o/m10301sch522502

Yup, you need to open up the clutch and pull the inner push rod. It fits into a notch in the bottom of the release arm, so with the rod in place, the arm can't be lifted out.

omg, what a lot of bother just to replace a little spring!! on dt's and tzr and other smaller singles the arm just lifts right out. weird. oh well thanks guys for the input. many thanks.