Just bought a wr450...What should I do first???

I am new to riding and just bought a 09 wr450. I am not really bike smart so I was wondering what to do as far as cheap performance mods. i.e. throttle stop intake, exhaustetc..If there are any videos that can walk me thru some mods that would be great too! Thanks for your help

Everything they said:thumbsup:

I bought a 06 WR 450 after ten years of not rideing.

I left everything stock for a month or so to get a handle back on rideing. Then did the mods.WOW!!! what a difference. ?

Suspension is a must...espically if your a bigger guy.rode a whole summer on stock...Just sent the suspension out last month. should of done it long time ago. feels so much better now. I had good luck with Prescion Concepts Suspension.

Happy trails:banana:

These are the things I would look up and then do.

AIS removal kit

Exaust Baffle removal

Rejet

Grey Wire

Shorten throttle stop

Open Airbox

After that...

Fix suspension for your weight and adjust the cockpit for your height(Bar risers..etc).

I just put a rekluse clutch on mine = WIN

I'd say skip the AIS removal, he's in California, so the last thing he wants is a ticket from a ranger or be turned away from a riding area. If you're concerned about deceleration popping, JB weld is your friend when it comes to the AIS.

read the manual, then do all preliminary checks, including greasing the rear suspension and steering stem bearings, set sag,break in,test ride, see what you don't like from there.

Very good advise there, always consult the manual, specially when it comes to torquing things down.