HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Parx_400

Broke off the hard start cable holder at the carb

9 posts in this topic

SO I was rotating my carb and a broke off the plastic holder where the hot start goes in the carb. How do I fix this? I cant see how you undo the cable at the carb side.

05 wr450

Very common.. A new OEM one will be about $3.26. If your gonna be jetting all the time I would get the nice Alum one. If not, gently loosen it up before you rotate your carb next time. I had to learn that one too ($) when I first got my wr.

Yeah, the mechanic at my dealer was showing me how to rotate the carb for jetting changes....got home and bike was running bad, found the plastic part you are talking about was stripped out. As mentioned, the aluminum aftermarket piece fixes it.

any ideas on how to get the broken one out? The threads are still in the carb.

Parx, you should be able to find a fat extractor that size. If not use a tight fit flat head and unscrew it out. It is just plastic

Parx, received my replacement nut from Zipty today. Had it installed in under 30 minutes. I removed the tank so it was easier to get to. Just push the spring up and turn the plunger 90 degrees so the cable end will come out. Slide on new nut, spring and install plunger at 90 degress to insert cable. Done deal.