2010 Comments

I just got through breaking in my new ride! Here are my thoughts:

1. Turns way better than my 06 or 08 did. Very planted feeling in the ruts.

2. Motor seems kinda "soft" to me...don't get me wrong, the low end snap is nice, but not scary like the magazines and early ride reports were saying. It does sign off earlier than the 06 or 08.

3. Suspension is still to stiff and needs more time on it to be able to tell.

4. It may be me but it seems to vibrate/buzz in the handlebars more than my old bikes. Anybody else notice this? Maybe something is loose, feel free to chime in.:thumbsup:

bone stock btw, just added bars and 756 front tire.

I found the 08 to turn so much better than an 06 it almost made me feel like I was on a yz250f. The 2010 turns very good, too, especially in slower and rutty corners.

Did you notice anymore vibration in the handlebars over the 08?

I love the ten so far. Turns as good as my 08 RMZ450, feels lighter when riding it for sure. I find it works great on flat sweeping corners, but maybe its just the way i have the suspension set up. I have been getting a bit of head shake on fast bumpy straights, but it may be because i have the tubes up 5mm in the clamps. I put on a 50 tooth rear and i like the way it made the bike feel. I don't notice any vibration in the bars, but i think thats because i just came off a suzuki 450 and that thing had crazy shakes through the bars.

ive noticed when riding my arms tend to get 'jello-y' after a few laps. thats partly due to not riding all winter. but im curious. i have the pro taper pillow top grips on my 250 nd they are amazing. ne1 run these on the new 450? i got a set ready to put on just havent gotten around to it. that may help a bit. LOVE the suspension!!! still toyin with the clickers and sticking around 100-110mm sag on the rear. it does seem to sign off early. those of you with gearing, what sprockets u runnin? i was thinkin either a 50 or 51?

I run the pillow top..Been running them since they came out love them they fit my big hands well.. I dont feel anymore vibration than any other 450 ive had.

I been playing with different maps. I went up a tooth in the rear and right now running the stock setting which is all zeros on the tuner.. It has the pop out of corners but with the akro exhaust it doesnt sign off as early pulls longer. I go back and forth between the stock map and the smooth map both are good. Towards the end of the day when im tired and the track is beat I slap the smooth map in it seems to help out. Im running 108mm of sag right now but once I put 5.2 fork springs in (running 5.0) I will probably drop to 104 of sag. I also raised my forks in the clamps about 1/4 inch which helped alot with turning.

I run the pillow top..Been running them since they came out love them they fit my big hands well.. I dont feel anymore vibration than any other 450 ive had.

I been playing with different maps. I went up a tooth in the rear and right now running the stock setting which is all zeros on the tuner.. It has the pop out of corners but with the akro exhaust it doesnt sign off as early pulls longer. I go back and forth between the stock map and the smooth map both are good. Towards the end of the day when im tired and the track is beat I slap the smooth map in it seems to help out. Im running 108mm of sag right now but once I put 5.2 fork springs in (running 5.0) I will probably drop to 104 of sag. I also raised my forks in the clamps about 1/4 inch which helped alot with turning.

I've tried a number of maps, and the stock map does seem best for me also. This is with the stock exhaust. I wouled like it to pull a little harder on top, but not sure how to map that without hurting the low and mid.

The engine on mine seems to vibrate about the same as my 09.

After I got about 2 hours on it, the suspension worked better. I think I ran the MXA settings and it worked better. the seatings are on here somewhere, and they are stiffer but the ride is better.

The engine is more tractor like (old school CRF) than the previous 450's. The older 450 YZ was kinda "zingy" and reved better, but this new bike feels slow, but it is not!! You are more hooked up, I posted something about this a few days ago

I just switched from a 250 smoker, i dont have any 4 stroke comparison but i will say i didnt notice any vibration in the bars at all. The bike is much more hooked up than my smoker. But in the air the bike is just weightless and very mobile.