HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PAKDXYZ

Gave the 426 a little facelift

12 posts in this topic

Tore the bike down last week to clean and repack all the bearings, check the valves etc. Figures while I was at it I would finally put on the graphics I bought a while back.

Before

YZ1-1.jpg

And After

yz2.jpg

I think it came out pretty good. The side number plates are the most difficult to put on...much patience.

A definite improvement!

Did you change the seat too?

that is actually the stock seat, put it back on since it looked good with these graphics.

My jaw dropped......

Very Nice. Looks good. I have some follow-up Pics to post. I cracked my tank late last year and just now got my 426 back together with a new Clarke Tank and Graphics. Many thanks to MX642 for the help... Will post Pics soon...

almost like new, does it actully ride any better after all the work you did(bearings valves.........)?

That looks great. What a difference! I've been thinking about putting the black number plate graphics on my bike. Looks like you made up my mind for me.

I have those FLU graphics on my WR (yes they say YZF) and they have held up well.

I should take some pics - 'brothers from another mother'

almost like new, does it actully ride any better after all the work you did(bearings valves.........)?

No, repacking the bearings is just normal maintenance, I would never let them get to the point it would affect how the bike rode. And the valves were within spec, so no adjustment needed. I kind of knew they were good before I opened it up because the bike always starts on the 1st or 2nd kick.