Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HONDA NO MORE

2007 YZ 450 signs off earlier

10 posts in this topic

I've got a bone stock 2007 450. Love the bike, but it doesn't have much top end. Do any other 07 owners have the same feeling? My 06 seemed to pull quite a bit longer on the top end. Does it have to do with the silencer having a smaller diameter hole?:thumbsup::banghead:

The 07 should have more top end, different cam profile.The muffler does fine in the top end. Check your jetting.

Would this indicate a lean or rich condition on top? I'm thinking lean like I'm running out of fuel on the top end?? Thanks for any comments.

My '07 seems fine on top, but I could use a little more grunt down low. And mine is stock except for a Zip Ty carb mod.

It seems like it runs fine, no blubbering or popping up high. It blubbers a lot down low. It just stops pulling sooner than my last 3 yz450's have.

Thanks for all of the advice guys, checked the valves and timing, everything looked really good. I'll try dropping a size on the main jet and see if that helps. I think I'm around a 170 at 4500 ft, probably too rich, the plug was pretty dark and wet.

The plug condition generally dont mean squat on a four stroke. Try adjusting the jetting pilot circuit.

160 is stock for sea level,you stated your bike is stock so you should atleast be at 160 maybe 155-158