HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Davey762

2010 Starts but only runs for 9-10 seconds every time! Ideas?

9 posts in this topic

Hey guys, just wondering if any of you 2010 owners have come across this problem?

My bike will start, but only run for 9-10 seconds no matter what. Would the power tuner give me an idea? It should be here soon.

My bike is brand new, drove it down the street last week (thursday) when I picked it up. I decided to fire it up in the garage today to make sure everything was good when I test ride it this week, but no go.. strts and runs for approx 10 seconds everytime. Does the FI system have some sort of cut out if a parameter isnt met?

The diagnostics in the tuner should help, yes. But given that it's new, I'd have the dealer look at it. Even as limited as the warranty is, it should still apply.

Are you using the cold start knob?.

The diagnostics in the tuner should help, yes. But given that it's new, I'd have the dealer look at it. Even as limited as the warranty is, it should still apply.

Are you using the cold start knob?.

Yes, cold start to get it started initially, but shut it off once its been warmed up.

I would just bring it to the dealer, but I have installed the HPSD damper and relocated the ignition. They would probably frown on that and not work on it.

The bike starts so I don't think its the ignition. I checked the fuel lines if they were pinched or something with the hinged tank but they are fine. Maybe someone else has had this issue and will be able to shed some light.. if not I guess it will have to go back to the dealership.

The box you relocated was not only the ignition, it's the EFI controller as well. Unless the wiring was the cause, and the wiring fault was a direct result of your modification, they shouldn't have a problem with it.

Hey guys, thanks for the help but I found out what the problem was.

I was reading in the manual and found out that the tip over sensor is located in the ECU (behind the front plate), since I located it elsewhere and didn't have positioned the exact same as before, it thought the bike was tipped over and would only run for 10 seconds. Once mounted correctly the problem went away.

Hey guys, thanks for the help but I found out what the problem was.

I was reading in the manual and found out that the tip over sensor is located in the ECU (behind the front plate), since I located it elsewhere and didn't have positioned the exact same as before, it thought the bike was tipped over and would only run for 10 seconds. Once mounted correctly the problem went away.

This points out a couple of things worth noting.

The first is that, given this info, it sounds like it ran OK before you moved the electronics, and not afterward. Or at least not long afterward. In any case like that, the most likely thing is that whatever you did has something to do with the problem, and is the first thing you should look at.

The other is the good old acronym, "RTFM". You know, "Read the, um, Manual". If you had taken the time to sit down and run through the description of the system and components when you got the bike, and really tried to understand it all, you'd have been all over this fix.

But you did a good job sorting it out, and it didn't really take you that long, either. :thumbsup:

This points out a couple of things worth noting.

The first is that, given this info, it sounds like it ran OK before you moved the electronics, and not afterward. Or at least not long afterward. In any case like that, the most likely thing is that whatever you did has something to do with the problem, and is the first thing you should look at.

The other is the good old acronym, "RTFM". You know, "Read the, um, Manual". If you had taken the time to sit down and run through the description of the system and components when you got the bike, and really tried to understand it all, you'd have been all over this fix.

But you did a good job sorting it out, and it didn't really take you that long, either. :thumbsup:

RTFM hahaha, ill have to remember that.:lol: