HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jasowiii

Seal Saver installation

8 posts in this topic

I took the forks off, slide down from the top. They are a snug fit, but well worth the effort. :)

I buy the long ones and cut them down to 6" long ( so I get 3 sets from each pair I buy) and place them under the upper slider guide. You have to remove the fork from the triple clamp to slide the seal saver down. They dont last long so I replace them about once a month or 500 miles. They work very well. You have to use longer bolts to get them to clamp under the fork slider guard guide. :)

:)

What's the best way to install seal savers? ??

It looks like leaving the wheel on, and taking the forks loose might work.

Jimmy

Product Review

I removed the front wheel myself just because the wheel with forks attached is pretty heavy for re-installation. It think it might be difficult getting both forks lined back up in the clamps with the weight of the front tire. Try it and remove the wheel if its too cumbersome.

absolutely remove the front wheel to pull out each fork one at a time and return it in the triple clamps. I assumed that this was understood. Good point. :)

:D

Thanks for all the info, I ended up leaving the wheel on. I had to remove the caliper, good thing I did cuz my pads were gone :)

Jimmy