HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MrMXer

Carb swap

3 posts in this topic

I am getting ready to purchase a new 01. I have my 00 carb jetted properly and life is good. Should I swap the carbs when I buy the new scoot or is the 01 carb better.

I would do enough riding with the bike in stock form to know that you're really dis-satisfied with the way the new carb acts first. Remember that your 01 has the lighter valves. I don't know if that has an effect on jetting but it may since they open and close at a higher rate. I know everyone says that the powerband on the 01 differs from the 00. By the way, where in Pa. are you located?

I live in Central Pa, Near State College. I have not picked up an 01 yet, but am thinking about doing so before we head south for a week the end of Feb. Are you from Pa? We have a small grass-roots race team and I just started to build a site for it. If your from the area, check it out, you might know some people on the team. http://www.eagle-racing.com

[This message has been edited by MrMXer (edited 01-02-2001).]