HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Butta

Anybody tried to combine a YZ WR OEM exhaust?

6 posts in this topic

I've got an '05 WR450 with my stock '05 YZ pipe on it....I'd like to quiet it down a bit, just because, but I don't want to give up the larger diameter midpipe of the YZ.....I was wondering if anyone had experimented with swapping the internals and end cap of the 2 pipes to get a WR can with a YZ midpipe??

I'm thinking you can just take out the end cap and pull the internals like you are changing the packing, and just swap them.....??

Ideas?

Maybe no-one's ever done it. (I've certainly never heard of it.)

I've married a YZ450F header to my (opened up) stock WR muffler as have several others.

In regard to swapping muffler internals.....Put your Sherlock Holmes hat on, pull them both apart and work it out yourself!

.........Make sure you post your findings here in the forum.

Greg

I've married a YZ450F header to my (opened up) stock WR muffler as have several others.

Greg

You mean the mid-pipe, or the header from the YZ??

Every pipe I have seen (which isn't all of them) has the internals as part of the mid pipe. You would have to cut and weld.

Or you can try to swap the cans and end caps. Pull out the mid pipe/ inner core and swap those some how..

Every pipe I have seen (which isn't all of them) has the internals as part of the mid pipe. You would have to cut and weld.

Or you can try to swap the cans and end caps. Pull out the mid pipe/ inner core and swap those some how..

Thanks for the input! Finally, something useful! I was afraid of that, having the midpipe hard-mounted to the internals. Oh well, was worth a shot. I definitely don't want to go back to the skinny/puny midpipe of the stock WR muffler.....