HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Yamaha Nemesis

Zip Ty or Boyesen

10 posts in this topic

I have a 2007 YZ450f that has a little bit of bogging and some backfiring. I adjusted the fuel screw and it didn't seem to help. I haven't adjusted the needle or anything.I was wondering which would be better, the Zip Ty carb mod, boyesen quick shot 2, or both of these? The carb is stock.

I have heard good reviews about the zip ty carb mods where you send the carb to them and they clean/adjust and improve its performance.

I don't think the 07 YZ has any inherent problems that you could not tune out with the stock carb. Even if you spring for one of these mods you are probably still going to need to dial in the carb. Why don't you do some research on how to set up the pilot jet and fuel screw. Might save you some money.

I don't think the 07 YZ has any inherent problems that you could not tune out with the stock carb. Even if you spring for one of these mods you are probably still going to need to dial in the carb. Why don't you do some research on how to set up the pilot jet and fuel screw. Might save you some money.

48 pilot jet, 1 1/2 out on the fuel screw, 4 th from the top on the needle and a 165 main.

I sent my carb for my 07 to Zip Ty and have never been happier with a bike mod. IMO, I think this is the best money you can spend. They will do the mod, tell you what jets to run and your done. No bog, nothing but crisp clean throttle response.

Well, with the Boyesen you're just changing the accelerator cover out, with what seems to be a lot of mixed reviews...With the Zip Ty mod you're getting your carb cleaned and modified internally for the better, and possibly re-jetted if needed, with great reviews...including mine.