HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
iamcanadain

Renthal 520 chain to long..

9 posts in this topic

ok i got a 50T renthal sprocket, and 520 chain.. now its just hanging there not fully installed.

The wheel is at its MAX like no adjustment left? any one help?

oh and the wheel isn't bolt on the bike yet....

ok i got a 50T renthal sprocket, and 520 chain.. now its just hanging there not fully installed.

The wheel is at its MAX like no adjustment left? any one help?

oh and the wheel isn't bolt on the bike yet....

you are supposed to buy the chain long and have a chain breaker to size it according to where you like your wheel. put the adj. bolts backed out to where you want them and wrap the chain tightly around both sprockets. remove the excess chain and install master-link. Then check chain slack.

you don't need a breaker if you have a dremel you can just grind off the rivets on the sideplate and pop it apart. Of course you'll need a masterlink to put it back together.

Remove some links out of the chain?

That's too difficult. Just buy a 65T rear sprocket. Dillema solved. :thumbsup:

(sorry, i'm just being a d!ck... i know) :lol:

OK in all seriousness. ALWAYS just buy a 120L chain, push your wheel all the way foreward and cut the chain to length. You can simply grind the pins and use a small punch to remove the riveted link.

Or do what I did and put the wheel all the way back and remove just enough links to achieve proper tension. Running the wheel as far back as possible puts weight on the front and helps the tucking issue. I rode back to back weekends with stock then all the way back. All the way bak was much better. I have still have plenty of room to mantain the slack.

I would love to ride the bike stock again then make all the minor tweaks I have at once to see the difference but I would imagine it would be major.