2002 yz426

well i am going to trade my 02 kx250 this weekend for an 02yz426f and i was wondering if they are anygood? the bike looks great with an nice hmf pipe. but how are they? anything will help me

theyre GREAT bikes.

a simple search on here will yield a bunch of stuff.

Great bike simple as that

They are bullet proof. Make sure dude shows you how to start it up. There tricky. I have an '01 YZ 426. These bikes rock!!!

A + on that.

I traded a 97 KDX 220 for 2002 YZ426f that I own now,and have had for exactly one year.It is an awesome bike! Zero major issues and I ride motocross twice a week(Novice Vet level).If it still has the decompression lever on it for starting,look into an 03-05 yz450f exhaust cam or Hotcam and you can get rid of it and life will be easier.My bike always started great even with the lever,but I'm very glad I got rid of it.Changing the oil and filter is a bit of a chore,but nothing technical,just alot of bolts and procedure.Keep the air filter clean, change the oil regularly,keep the valves adjusted,and that bike should last 3 days short of forever!The power difference between the KDX and the YZF was insane!!! I'm still just trying to hang on half the time!It's fun.Get a manual and check this website for all the answers you'll need.Get ready to ride the TURBO TRACTOR on STEROIDS!!! Have fun...

I traded a 97 KDX 220 for 2002 YZ426f that I own now,and have had for exactly one year.It is an awesome bike! Zero major issues and I ride motocross twice a week(Novice Vet level).If it still has the decompression lever on it for starting,look into an 03-05 yz450f exhaust cam or Hotcam and you can get rid of it and life will be easier.My bike always started great even with the lever,but I'm very glad I got rid of it.Changing the oil and filter is a bit of a chore,but nothing technical,just alot of bolts and procedure.Keep the air filter clean, change the oil regularly,keep the valves adjusted,and that bike should last 3 days short of forever!The power difference between the KDX and the YZF was insane!!! I'm still just trying to hang on half the time!It's fun.Get a manual and check this website for all the answers you'll need.Get ready to ride the TURBO TRACTOR on STEROIDS!!! Have fun...

+1 on this - same scenario for me - Loved my KDX but I gotta say I have never looked back, the YZ is awesome! :thumbsup: