HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
92greenlx

2001 yz 426f?

5 posts in this topic

i just recently picked up a 426 for 1k. has new bottom and top end, excell rims, acerbis tank shrounds and mudd flap, starts 1st or 2nd kick. i was just wondering if you guys think it was a good deal. i'm coming from an 01 rockstar rm125.(still have this bike, and love it). i've been lurking, reading a ton of post on the 426. but i see there's conflicting post on what to do, what not to do and so on. just would like the thumper's opinion on the 426. thanx

duston

Sounds like a pretty good deal to me. I paid $1800 for my 2001 WR426F in great condition.

If I were you, before riding it too much, I would change the oil and filter and also do a valve check (adjust if necessary). If it's running well, it likely won't need any adjustment to the valves, but better safe than sorry.

A grand sounds like a very good deal! Post some pictures and let us check it out!

ThuMar25231644EDT2010.jpgThuMar25231636EDT2010.jpg

IMAG0020.jpgIMG00013-20090714-2017.jpg

here's some pics of my toys i currently have. the graphics on the 426 i really didn't care for, so i tried to take them off, they can be a pain!!! as you can see, i didn't get all of it off yet.

sorry for the crappy pics, was taken with my phone.