2010 YZ 450 ride report

I finally got my 2010 yz 450 (*white one because they are faster than the blue on!:thumbsup:) Before riding my bike I put a dunlop Geomax 51 front tire and x-ring chain, lubed all linkage bearing and headset (this bike had the least amount of grease on it of any new bike I've ever taken apart 25+ bikes! Maybe mine was an odd ball but if you haven't greased your 2010 450 do it NOW!) I have to say I was very impressed with the quality of the bike in general, excellent fit, finish, and attention to detail. The quality of the stock parts on the bike is quite a change from my Rmz 450, and even a step up from the 08 crf 450 I had. The top tripple clamps with an extra set of mounting holes and concentic bar mounts:thumbsup aluminum axle bots, stem nuts, the thickness and quality of the plastics all top notch.

As far as riding it I had ridden my buddies a couple of months ago and I had a pretty good Idea of the great suspension,(I made one click of rebound adjustment all day) decent brakes(once the anti-rust wears off) good motor(tons of low end and mid range, not much on top) and how light the bike feels. This bike really seems very hard edge race bike. The seat is very firm, the handling is super crisp and it changes direction instantly. You want to grab the inside line and rip out no problem the throttle response is instant. The transition from no throttle to part throttle is too abrupt. I changed maps to a smoother longer rev map and it worked great. No more throttle lash and very good mid and improved top end. I tried the "jay marmont" map and it took away too much low end, but it did improve the top end and over-rev. The Programer is a must have in my opinion it makes the bike much more ridable and allows for tremendous variation. I had a chance to ride my freinds 2010 yz450 with a Dr.D pipe and I was not impressed. Very little difference over stock.(he agreed) I'd like to try the Akro pipe to see if it is better. Overall the bike is the best stock 450 I've ridden(all the 09's except the ktm) This bike is tough package to beat. Like I told the fellow on the kawi who asked what I thought I told him not to ride one because he will be selling that kawi soon after!

Gary glad you got some seat time on your new scoot. BTW blue is better don't know if I told you that :thumbsup: Are you riding this week? I will either be at MMX Wed or Hangtown Thursday then have mmx rented on Friday. You should try my bike with the akro and same map. The tuner is sweet and a must its great to change the curve to each track ive been changing peoples stuff at the track from nov to pro and most like the "smooth" map. Have fun on that bad boy. See you around buddy.

Hoss

I rode mine once and absolutely loved it. i am getting my suspension back from factory conn tomorrow and i cant wait to see how it handles. i and i agree with norcal blue is better ( and faster )

Gary glad you got some seat time on your new scoot. BTW blue is better don't know if I told you that :thumbsup: Are you riding this week? I will either be at MMX Wed or Hangtown Thursday then have mmx rented on Friday. You should try my bike with the akro and same map. The tuner is sweet and a must its great to change the curve to each track ive been changing peoples stuff at the track from nov to pro and most like the "smooth" map. Have fun on that bad boy. See you around buddy.

Hoss

HEy Hoss, I'm not sure I may ride dixon or club, If you have any open spots on friday I might have the day off not sure. I'd really like to try that akro pipe it better be good for how much they want for that thing! $700 for a slip on!! I think I may need to get a paper route to afford one!