Physically bigger...450X or WR450?

Speaking of the 2007-2008 models, which of these 2 is the smaller physically sized bike? I already have an XRR, I'd like to find something that is 450cc but has the smallest overal feel or in all actuality is even physically smaller.

Love to hear from those who have ridden both back to back multiple times or own both.

Its gotta be the 450X. I sat on one yesterday at the dealership. I'm 5 8' and can put both feet on the ground. Not flat foot and not tippy toe either. I also weigh 145 pounds. It REALLY suprised me that I could put my feet down. I have heard the WR450 is a really tall bike.

In the March 09 Dirt Bike they do the 7 bike comparison and say about the WR, " it's just a touch smaller in every dimension". I'm 5'7" and I can touch as well or better than any other newer bikes I've sat on. I have read that the crfx is a big bike for smaller riders in the tight stuff but I've never ridden one.

I have not really looked at the WR next to a CRFX, but will say that next to a KTM 450EXC it looks a lot smaller. I'm 6' and have had to add the tallest bars I could find plus bar risers to feel comfortable while standing. While sitting, the bike feels very small to me (stock seat), which is great when the going gets tight. I would not read too much into seat heights from bike specifications, that KTM (2007, stock seat) has a solid inch on the WR so I don't believe the WR is really as tall as advertised.

I have owned both. The X is bigger in every way, and it "feels" heavier in the tight stuff. This being said, the X feels lighter at faster speeds because it handles high speed stuff better (my opinion.) The ergos on the WR are a bit more cramped. I am 6'2" / 185 lbs. I did not have to modify the ergos on my X, but I have modified the WR - taller seat, higher bars, lower pegs.

Most seats will allow 1-2in of foam to be cut. if your a standing type of rider you won't miss it (too much). Get the bike you like/want.

Other 2cent comment: the 07-up WR450 has a lower center of gravity and makes it feel light/nimble vs. other 450's.

See I've heard the opposite, that the WR is physically smaller. I doubt you say on a 450x and flat footed at your height unless you have legs like stork! I'm 5'10" and can't flat foot my bro's 450x! You sure you weren't sitting on a CRF230L?

No I wasn't flat footed. But I wasn't tippy toed either.