HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Boit

shift lever

5 posts in this topic

Is it me or does anyone else have a problem with their boot slipping off the shift lever when trying to upshift in damp or muddy conditions? Is there a better aftermarket lever that gives a good grip with the boot?

I used a moose gear shifter on my old XR400 and loved it! It was a lot better than stock ...stronger and gripped better!

Garrett

------------------

I get my kicks on a 2001' YZ426!

Friendswood, TX

I'm having the same pblm with my new 250F.

My foor keeps slipping off of the lever causing it to not shift or find false neutrals (BAD!!). I was thinking of going to a longer shift lever or use the one off of the old 400.

I was trying out a buddy’s pair of Gaerne boots and had the same problem. I guess the toe on my Tech 6 (and old Formas) is grabby enough to overcome what is now a pretty slick lever.

How ‘bout wrapping the end with grip tape (like skateboarders use)?

The earlier 400 had a different lever design? I wasn't aware of that. Maybe that would be a consideration. If the Moose works good, I'd probably go with that since moset aftermarket parts are much less expensive than stock...and in many cases, superior.

Hick: I'm using Tech 7's. They work great as long as it's dry. That skateboard tape sounds like a good idea...there's a skateboard/BMX shop near me and my twin sons are sponsored riders...maybe I can get a killer deal on that tape... :)