Maybe stupid question washing a 2010 yz450f

Yeah maybe this will seem stupid but do you need to cover the airfilter the same as older models? the manual doesn't say anything about covering it, if it does need covering how are you guys doing it? with the old mushroom filters i just put a plastic over the whole thing but the 2010 has the weird flat filter.

You can stuff plastic bags in the air intakes.I just wash the bike then change the filter afterwards.

air box cover?

Whats the deal with these i have seen them in catalogs but i've never actually seen one in a shop or anything, do you just stick them over your filter or do you remove the filter and fit the cover in its place

I've been meaning to actually look into getting one eversince i got my first bike a few years ago but for some reason i never have

*edit* just checked the website for the NZ importers of no toil and it lists them but says 0 in stock, but to be honest i'm not really surprised

I need to know the washing procedure soon, I don't think I can wait any longer.

It took me almost an hour to clean her up after this race. I have to take the linkage apart to clean and grease it and the bike will be good as new. I stuffed the air intakes with plastic bags to keep the water out too.

photo.jpg

I need to know the washing procedure soon, I don't think I can wait any longer.

It took me almost an hour to clean her up after this race. I have to take the linkage apart to clean and grease it and the bike will be good as new. I stuffed the air intakes with plastic bags to keep the water out too.

photo.jpg

I'm in the same shape as you are.The first two races this year were really muddy and yesterday was the worst. Mine had more mud on it than yours,so much that area around the shifter, you couldnt see it.

after useing the pressure washer twice to wash it and even advoiding the steeringhead and linkage swingarm area with the washer I'm still thinking water may have gotton to those places.

Here in a few I'm going to tear down a grease everything. As for washing the bike I still take a food city bag and cover the airfilter with it and then put the filter cage over it and then use the rod to titen it down. It's just a little more to go through than the old way.

It works though!......i ordered me a airbox cover from twinair this past friday. Should be here around tuesday or wednesday.

On a side note, when racing in the mud, spray your bikes down with Pam cooking spray. The mud will be more minimal...

Silicone spray available at Wal-Mart works awesome too..

On a side note, when racing in the mud, spray your bikes down with Pam cooking spray. The mud will be more minimal...

Silicone spray available at Wal-Mart works awesome too..

For the last three years I have been useing that tire shine stuff. It comes in a spray can that you use on your car or truck tires to make them shine and real black.

I just get the cheaper kind at wal-mart and after I wash my bike and let it dry I just spray it on top and underneath all the plastic. When you spray it on it foams up and I just let it sit for a couple minutes and it is done.

It makes the plastic shine and look wet and at the same time leaves a greasy film on the bike and when you are at the track and it is muddy it makes the mud come off a little easier.

For the last three years I have been useing that tire shine stuff. It comes in a spray can that you use on your car or truck tires to make them shine and real black.

I just get the cheaper kind at wal-mart and after I wash my bike and let it dry I just spray it on top and underneath all the plastic. When you spray it on it foams up and I just let it sit for a couple minutes and it is done.

It makes the plastic shine and look wet and at the same time leaves a greasy film on the bike and when you are at the track and it is muddy it makes the mud come off a little easier.

lol yeah i've used "wet tire" on my plastics as well. Not for any purpose other than to make them shine though