HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wrrider15

oil leaking out weep hole

7 posts in this topic

i got oil leaking out of the weep hole on the exhaust side of the head on my 04 wr450...only just bought the bike,could it be the rocker cover gasket is not sealed properly around spark plug hole?

thanks

sorry dont have a pic....its just oil coming out of the little round hole that is in the middle of the right side of head

Are you talking about the drain hole. It drains any water that might get down in the spark plug well. If that is the case I'm not sure about oil coming out of there.

yes,the drain hole for the spark plug well. i have oil seeping out that hole when the bike is running.

im hoping it is a bad top cover gasket not sealing around the spark plug hole.

That's what it sounds like to me. I would pull it off and look for any pinch marks from where it was not seated properly.

yes there is deffinatly a pinch mark around the spark plug hole of the rubber gasket...ordered a new one be here couple days...will let ya know how i go