Rekluse clutch opinions?

I'm thinking of installing a ez start "pro" rekluse clutch in my 2008 YZ450. I'm doing motocross riding and plan to transition to mostly harescrambles. Has anyone used one for motocross/trail riding? If so, I would value any opinions. Thanks.

Before I say anything else, let me sincerely welcome you to ThumperTalk. I'm honestly glad you are here, and I really do hope that you find it both useful and enjoyable. Really I do.

Now...

If you click on "Search this Forum" and type in "anyone rekluse", you'll get 160 hits in less than a second. Lots of info; common question.

:thumbsup:

I'm thinking of installing a ez start "pro" rekluse clutch in my 2008 YZ450. I'm doing motocross riding and plan to transition to mostly harescrambles. Has anyone used one for motocross/trail riding? If so, I would value any opinions. Thanks.

I have a Rekluse Z start pro in my 2007 YZ450F and it works great. You never have to pull in the clutch if you dont want to but you can ride it like it has a normal clutch also. When you get it dialed in right it never stalls. I dont think there are any negatives to having one. I ride 90% motocross but it probably helps even more trail riding.:thumbsup:

I dont think there are any negatives to having one.

That depends on how much you enjoy having the ability to bump start.

That depends on how much you enjoy having the ability to bump start.

You got me on that one. If the clutch is set up correct you shouldnt cut off to have to bump start unless you want to start like that to begin with.:thumbsup: