HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Polar_Bus

YZF OEM plastics question

14 posts in this topic

Do any of you know when you purchase OEM YZF450 plastics, do they come with the decals, or do you need to order decals also ?

They do sell quality repro's of the OEM graphics, but only the blue ones. A custom graphics shop should be able to duplicate the complete OEM LE graphics set for about the price of one shroud sticker.

OK, thanks guys. The reason I asked is after seeing the recent pic of Grand Rapids hooley's SE yellow YZF really gave me a chub !!! I have the '07 SE white, and the OEM plastic is getting hagged out.... The issue with the white is it eventually begins to have a "brown" hue to the plastic that is impossible to wash or wax out..

OK, thanks guys. The reason I asked is after seeing the recent pic of Grand Rapids hooley's SE yellow YZF really gave me a chub !!! I have the '07 SE white, and the OEM plastic is getting hagged out.... The issue with the white is it eventually begins to have a "brown" hue to the plastic that is impossible to wash or wax out..

Friend of mine had a yellow SE and I do think they were the best looking. The white doesnt look bad but they start to all blend together and there are alot of them now. Hey, maybe in a few more years they'll have a pink LE. THAT would stand out nowadays.:thumbsup:

Hey, maybe in a few more years they'll have a pink LE. THAT would stand out nowadays.:thumbsup:

Might as well have a large bullseye stensiled on the back of you're jersey on the track.....

BTW: "hot pink" was a fad back in the late 80's that QUICKLY came and went...

and yes, I AM that old to remember this craze.. LOL

Might as well have a large bullseye stensiled on the back of you're jersey on the track.....

BTW: "hot pink" was a fad back in the late 80's that QUICKLY came and went...

and yes, I AM that old to remember this craze.. LOL

Yeah, I have a picture somewhere of a buddy of mine when he got his brand new pink AXO gear around 1992. He was so proud, it was like riding with strawberry shortcake. After seeing that I was glad that I opted for the blue.:thumbsup: