Wrapping the header with fiberglass tape??

Merry Christmas all! Yesterday i burnt a hole in my brand new thor cor3 pants due to the hot header pipe (white bros high boy)! I went to home depot tonight and picked up some pipe clamps and some fiberglass wrapping (so i can wrap it for insulation)...will this work? will the fiberglass melt onto my header? If any of you guys have done this please reply! I really dont want it to melt to my header (which will make a huge mess)! Thanks for the advice!

Garrett

------------------

I get my kicks on a 2001' YZ426!

Friendswood, TX

White Brothers sells some heat tape for just this purpose. Bummer, I've melted everything nylon that I've ever worn near that pipe...

Mike

You can use header wrap, available at hotrod shops. I made a heat shield out of perforated aluminum, shaped like a half tube, and hold it on with safety wire. It has to be spaced about 1/4" from the header, and it will stay cool enough to keep from melting pants.

thanks for the replys guys! I didnt want to wait for white bros to ship the wrapping to me! So I bit the bullet and spent 45 bucks and bought a 50ft roll, lol! I helps ALOT it keeps my headpipe a heck of alot cooler and it looks trick!

------------------

I get my kicks on a 2001' YZ426!

Friendswood, TX