Just bought a 04 YZ450F, I have race setup questions!?

I just picked up a 04 YZ400F today before I came into work and I wanted to know if the stock exhaust will meet the 98db level for WORCS etc? Last time I raced WORCS they didn't have the rule (5 years ago) so I just wanted to know? If not what can I get to make sure I do?

I'm planning to race some WORCS and a lot of BITD (Best in the Desert) after I get used to the 450 coming from a 98 YZ400F, so what else should I make sure to get/do to make my bike as bullet proof as possible? The bike is pretty much stock other than some handguards, gripper seat, and a kickstand haha. The last guy also had the susp lowered and me being 6'2...well I may have to change that a bit but I'm not much of a wrench. And anything is better than the condition my 400F was in haha.

Thanks for the advice. Tyler

Anybody?

My 06 wasn't even close to 98 db with stock exhaust. I think it was in the 105-110 range. I put on a Pro Moto Billet end cap and passed 96db.

I have an 04 also. I have a GYTR silencer with a quiet insert. I have raced offroad and pased 98. I don't think stock would pass.

Have you heard of the DB-dawg. I have not tried it but a lot off offroad guys have used these.

I have been racing the lake havasu worcs race for the last 4 years and far as i know the 98 db is just for the pro classes my bike is more like 110 db. and never had any problems i race in the 450c class.

Anybody know of the least expensive option to pass 98db?

I have been racing the lake havasu worcs race for the last 4 years and far as i know the 98 db is just for the pro classes my bike is more like 110 db. and never had any problems i race in the 450c class.

I think so as well but BITD (best in the desert) is strict to 98db. I'd like to race a lot of those so I need to be able to pass it. :banana:

I have an 05 and pass 99db at my track with the stock exhaust