E-Track Questions

Howdy - I'm trying to figure out how to setup my new 7x16 v-nose for carrying the bikes, and I'm seriously considering running e-track all over the place so I can move stuff around and experiment with different configurations. The pictures on this forum have certainly been mightily inspirational!

First, brand: does it matter who makes the e-track or the hooks that go into them? I found some e-track for a good price from Harbor Freight, made I think by Haul Master ... are those fine? Do they "interoperate" with other e-track manufacturers? I'm curious in general, and I'm particularly curious since I have had some "issues" with Harbor Freight products in the past.

At some point I would love to actually do some cool recessed track setup ... but for now, I was thinking of just blowing small screws into the 3/4" plywood flooring every other hole or so on the track. Does that end up being fairly reasonable?

Now I just have to figure out how to do the wheel chock part of it ... I know there are chocks (Pingle?) that mount on the tracks directly, but they look super-spendy, plus I don't think I'll have tracks in the right place for them, so not sure what to do there ... any thoughts? Have folks crufted up their own e-track-based chock systems?

Thanks in advance!

Jeff

Go to ebay for the e-track. I got mine there. There are sellers on ebay that sell the track, D-rings, and hooks in a "package" deal.

As fas as the wheel chock goes, I did not do that because I want mobile options depending on what and who's bikes I'm hauling. I don't want to be locked into a loading location w/ the chock. I use a load lock bar to catch the front tire and strap the bikes to e-track on the floor in front of the bar.

http://www.shipperssupplies.com/LoadLockBars/

This set up is awesome. A load lock bar has padded end caps and uses pressure to stay in place. I didn't want to rely on pressure so I modified the ends and now they lock into the e-track that I have mounted onto the side wall. The e-track and load lock bar allow me all of the versitility that is needed.

trailerfront.jpg

trailerloadlockbar.jpg

IMG00166.jpg

MAX!!!

Okay, I'll hope for the best re: brand.

Re: the load locks are interesting but not workable for me. I need to be able to handle 6 dirt bikes in my 7x16 v-nose, which means the center bikes need to be shifted forward a foot or so, so the front wheels will not line up.

Re: the load locks are interesting but not workable for me. I need to be able to handle 6 dirt bikes in my 7x16 v-nose, which means the center bikes need to be shifted forward a foot or so, so the front wheels will not line up.

I use the bike stand at the loadlock bar to off set the bars, I put 4 side by side, then 2 across the back.

MAX!!!

Personally, I load bikes transversely. I have e-track on the floor parallel to the side walls and load one with bars to the left side, then one to the right, and so on. You can pack the bikes in pretty tight that way, I can get our 5 bikes in an area about 90" wide x 96" long.

Nice option, but I only have 80" to work with.

I have etrack running across the floor similar to 06YZ and then I have repositionable wheel chocks that fit into the etrack. They are not the cheapest but I like being able to have the wheels (one mounted forward and one back so the handlebars are offset) and then a 5.5" chock in the centre with bike rear facing. My trailer is a 6 x 12, then I load little bikes in front and back sideways.

I bot mine off ebay...but maybe you could weld chock to cleats.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/3-5-Repositionable-Motorcycle-Wheel-Chock-Chrome-Chocks_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem45e5e1f6e1QQitemZ300209534689QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

A friend has an 8.5' x 20' trailer where we can load them sideways and really take a group ride. Too much trailer for me though.

Good luck.

• Like 1

I have etrack running across the floor similar to 06YZ and then I have repositionable wheel chocks that fit into the etrack. They are not the cheapest but I like being able to have the wheels (one mounted forward and one back so the handlebars are offset) and then a 5.5" chock in the centre with bike rear facing. My trailer is a 6 x 12, then I load little bikes in front and back sideways.

I bot mine off ebay...but maybe you could weld chock to cleats.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/3-5-Repositionable-Motorcycle-Wheel-Chock-Chrome-Chocks_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem45e5e1f6e1QQitemZ300209534689QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

A friend has an 8.5' x 20' trailer where we can load them sideways and really take a group ride. Too much trailer for me though.

Good luck.

Whoa tha chock is cool, I never thought of that. My friend is a welder, I could do that real cheap. Good post, thanks. Edit: Good first post, welcome to TT,

MAX!!!

Good reminder, that eBay has lots of e-track ... but that actually highlights my brand question even more: does it matter WHO made the e-track or attachments? Do they all interoperate well?

E-track is E-track, it's like 1/4" drive sockets, they're all interchangeable with each other.

If I had a taller trailer, I would use E-track to make a second "deck" over the bikes to maximize my storage space-toss the riding gear and chairs and such on a second deck over the bikes.

Kinda like this, but on a smaller scale: (this is in my semi trailer)

Flooding081.jpg