any tips on starting my bike after sitting all winter?

Um yeah....

I am wore out from kicking the crap out of it..... no go

maybe spray some starting fluid in the air box???

I'm not a fan of starter fluid. You could try to drain the float bowl/fuel tank and put some fresh gas in it with some sea foam or toluene ortake apart the carb and clean the jets (good luck with that 09). Need to run all the gas out before letting it sit all winter or put some stabilizer in it and start it periodically.

When you get it running, mix some sea foam or toluene in the gas to help clean out the carb.:banana:

I'm not a fan of starter fluid. You could try to drain the float bowl/fuel tank and put some fresh gas in it with some sea foam or toluene ortake apart the carb and clean the jets (good luck with that 09). Need to run all the gas out before letting it sit all winter or put some stabilizer in it and start it periodically.

When you get it running, mix some sea foam or toluene in the gas to help clean out the carb.:banana:

is there an easy way to drain the bowl?

because there wasn't an easy way to take it off when I re-jetted it...

Well if its a WR.......There is a screw on the bottom left side of the bowl that opens a drain connected to one of the 30+ hoses comming out the bottom of the M/C. Open it with the gas off and watch it drain and close it when it stops!

LOL, i went to drain the gas from the tank.... and nothing came out.. hehe.. i was low on fuel... i flipped it to reserve and it started right up.. hehheh

sounds like something i could do...EASILY...

Yeah, I was gonna say mine starts just as easy after storage as during the riding season..course the button does help too

LOL, i went to drain the gas from the tank.... and nothing came out.. hehe.. i was low on fuel... i flipped it to reserve and it started right up.. hehheh

LOLz.

When you get it running, mix some sea foam or toluene in the gas to help clean out the carb

The seafoam really works huh? :thumbsup:

Does the fuel that you have in the bike have have Alcohol in it? IE, E10?? If so the carb will need to be taken off and cleaned. Take off the tank and get that crappy fuel out of there. I swear by using the Stabil Marine Formula fuel treatment for E10 fuel. Mine sat all winter, but I still gave it a lil squrit of starting fluid and it popped right off. Saved my leg from kicking a bunch for sure. Good luck.

First, you should have used Starbrite fuel stabilizer, it will keep gas good for a year. Anyway, if my bike sits for a while I always just tip it over till some fuel runs out. Starts right up.

I love sea foam I've used it for years with no problems on dirbikes, roadbikes and snowblowers.