Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
XRfun400

04 yz 450 stator?

12 posts in this topic

Hey guys I have a 2004 yz 450 and I am trying to find a quality stator for it. I have spent most of the day looking online and I now know I don't want a moose or a electrex because of all the problems every one has had . Has anyone found something better? I would like one of the external stators but I can't even find one of them. I am looking to street legal it here in MI and I want blinkers and all.Any help would be app.

There are a lot of them, but you said you wanted a reliable lighting stator for it, and no such thing exists that I know of.

Thanks for the response guys, I sure wish somebody made a nice stator for the yz ,it's a great bike it just needs some lights,keep me updated on the lumpy's stator,if it's any good maybe I'll give that a try. Thanks again

Hey guys, I just wanted to give you a heads up.

I have completely redesigned our ESL380 (YZ400/426/early 450) Yamaha YZ 4-stroke lighting stators.

I have my first prototype unit in testing in an 01 YZ426 that has 10+ hours of desert riding on it and works flawlessly.

I am finishing some final testing on these units and will have them in stock in the next couple months.

Call me for info.

Evan

760-842-8300

I have my first prototype unit in testing in an 01 YZ426 that has 10+ hours of desert riding on it and works flawlessly.

Evan, what's the output? (at 2.5k-3.5k rpm)

umu,

I don't have exact output numbers at that low of RPM yet.

I'll put it the on the test rig and give you a power output VS RPM chart when i get my final samples in for testing in 2 weeks.

Max output is about 40W (enough to easily run a 35W halogen bulb) at ~6-7k RPM.

Evan

umu,

I don't have exact output numbers at that low of RPM yet.

I'll put it the on the test rig and give you a power output VS RPM chart when i get my final samples in for testing in 2 weeks.

Max output is about 40W (enough to easily run a 35W halogen bulb) at ~6-7k RPM.

Evan

Thanks Evan