2007 Bar Riser Questions??

Ok, I know how to use the search, but still can't find my answer.:banana:

I am 6'4" and 250 with gear. I am looking for a way to raise my stock Pro Taper bars. I am trying to find the style that looks like the lower bar mount stock. I need them approx 25-30mm taller (1 to 1-1/4).

I feel like the kind that fit into the lower mounts are not strong enough. Maybe I am an idiot, but if there are more pieces to clamp tight that means that more pieces can come loose, or flex more than I want.

I do almost all trail riding, so no motocross here.

Can anyone direct me to find the style of risers I am looking for?

I did see ones I liked but were part of the underbar steering damper, and I don't want that or need the expense.

Thanks..

Thanks cowboy. I have been looking at some new mounts by TAG metals and possibly new bars as well. I was just hoping to get the rise I wanted without spending too much money. I will try the spacer thing and see how much of a difference it makes first.

I don't like the look of the FMX bars though. too much of a bend for a dirt bike in my opinion. So I may go with the Windham bars as well if needed.

Thanks cowboy. I have been looking at some new mounts by TAG metals and possibly new bars as well. I was just hoping to get the rise I wanted without spending too much money. I will try the spacer thing and see how much of a difference it makes first.

I don't like the look of the FMX bars though. too much of a bend for a dirt bike in my opinion. So I may go with the Windham bars as well if needed.

Not sure where you are in ID, but if you're in the northern part you're more than welcome to plop your butt on my bike and see how my setup feels. I'm about an hour from Spokane/CDA but I grew up in Twin and head that way every so often.

If i was you i would get either the woods hi bars or the mini hi bars from pro taper. i am 6'2'' and had the woods hi bars last year and absolutely loved them, i am trying the mini hi bars this year.. the only difference is that the mini hi bars are slightly taller and have less pullback. forget about the risers.

Cowboy, I am in Rathdrum. I would like to try that, and appreciate the offer. Have you been riding yet this year? I went out a couple of weekends ago and still snow up high.

I have been out once already- went to Canfield with a few other guys from this area first part of last month IIRC. Shoot me a PM if you are headed this way, or I can swing that way with the bike as soon as I get my new to me truck.

Captain, I was trying to avoid that style of risers, because I feel they are weaker that one solid piece. I also think they would flex too much for my liking.

Just for giggles, where did you find the 1-1/8 to 1-1/8 style? I have only been able to find the 7/8 to 1-1/8 units like that.