wr450 shifting problems

My shifter is sticking and not allowing the spring turn action. I made a post some time ago in regards to my buddies wr450 having the same problem. He took it into the dealer and they repaires it under warranty. He really did not know what they did exactly, though it was some sort of clearance problem. Hoping that some one might have some history with this problem and could provide some details. Have plans to disassemble and see what we find after work tomorrow night.

I reported the same issue at the beginning of February with my WR450 (WR450 erratic shifting). I took it to the dealership and they did the repair under warranty. I was told it was a misalignment with a guide for the shift shaft. Some TTer's have reported that the shift shaft needed polishing (?) and others have said that it starts shifting normally after about 100 miles or so. I went 30 miles and had it repaired.

I also had the shifter sticking down. Within the first 8 hours of run time, it fixed its self.

I just got back from a 4 day trail ride in Northern Minnesota and never noticed the shifter sticking.

Ride fast - take chances

Chad

I also had problems with my shifter sticking down and just had it repaired under warranty. My mechanic said the shifter plates had burrs on them, once he cleaned them up it was fine,he also said that it probably would have come good over time.