Cream Puff!

Found what I was looking for. JUst picked up an 09 from an older fellow. On the phone he said it had fewer than 10 hours and had never been laid down or dropped! I laughed and thought this was impossible, how is it that I manage to go down almost EVERY time I hit the track? Ok I know, I must suck really bad!

Show up at his place and sure enough, bike looks showroom new. Knobbies still have most of the tits on them!

To make a long story short I took her home. Paid $4500 for her.

Now I need to get me a pipe and repsring. I wiegh 205 in my birthday suit so gonna do a search on what rate springs I will need. As far as oil goes I have been using rotella and change every other ride on my 2 smoke. Assuming this will be ok for this rig also? Have no spare oil filters so need a handful of those till I get a nice SS job to clean every change. What is the best place to get my filters and what are the best type?

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated and I look forward to trying out this "new" technology for the first time!

Thanks.

Get your self and hour meter. I change my oil every 5-6 hours or run time. Days of riding will not be a good way to measure your oil changes. Rotella will be fine, but you will need to change it more often then a 2T There is just a bit more than a quart of oil to lube the cams and tranny.

The best place to buy filters is the TT store.

I like Twin Air and NO Toil filters the best

... how is it that I manage to go down almost EVERY time I hit the track?
Maybe you are the second coming of Dave Aldana :banana:

As far as oil goes I have been using rotella and change every other ride on my 2 smoke. Assuming this will be ok for this rig also?
No. Rotella should be changed every ride day because the gearbox beats it up too badly in too short a time. It's a great engine oil, but it was not intended as a gear lube, and it looses viscosity very rapidly. I wouldn't use it, but it's your choice.
Thanks,

Ordering an hour meter with my pipe. What type is the stock chain in most cases? This looks to be a DID ert gold. Am I mistaken here?

The OEM chain on all previous YZF's was some kind of IDI product, but it was extremely prone to wear. The '09 chain looks nicer, but based on feedback from owners, it definitely IS NOT and ERT, or anything close to it. Get it off of there while you still have two good sprockets.

BTW, I just switched out the rear drive set on my '06; two stock sprockets and a Regina ORN6 chain that I installed when I got the bike. The set is over two years old. The front sprocket has significant wear. The chain is old and stiff and the tops and bottoms of the plates are worn down near the rollers, but it's not quite 1% longer than a new chain. The rear sprocket, a stock 49 tooth Sunstar, is worn so little that it's still usable. THAT is why I run Regina Chains.

HAHA.? I hear ya! I always say I go down cuz I am pushin it to my extreme!:banana:

Not wanting to turn this into ANOTHER oil thread, what kind of oil do you run in yours out of curiosity? Thanks.

Amsoil MCF, change every 2-3 rides, depending on what's coming up next.

https://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2685432#post2685432

DID chain it is! I asked the owner about it and he said that is what it came with. Who knows.
They are DID's but DID, like most industrial hardware manufacturers, makes products in a wide range of qualities. That one is for conveyor belts and cement mixers.

HAHA.:banana: I hear ya! I always say I go down cuz I am pushin it to my extreme!:banana:

Not wanting to turn this into ANOTHER oil thread, what kind of oil do you run in yours out of curiosity? Thanks.

Don't feel bad. I wouldn't have believed it either.

It seems like I drop it at least once every time I hit the track, usually little dumb things like the rear end sliding around, or a little wash out.

It sucks what it does to the plastics. ? I'd say I need to slow down, but half the time when I drop it is when I'm taking it easy. lol