HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
VTthumper426

please tell me i didn't blow her up

5 posts in this topic

Alright so i changed my oil and the oil filter today, checked everything to see if it was tight, and cracked open the bolt on the oil line, to see if i had pressure, which i did. So after that i started her up and looked down at the pipe, and it was red hot, coming off the head. I can't start it now either.Maybe i just have never seen the pipe in a dim light , i don't know.. Let me know what you guys think.. Help me out

The red is normal, and mine took a (whole) lot of kicking to get him going after my first 2 oil changes and both air filter cleanings. I haven't figured out the trick yet, but holding in the lever and kicking it through a bunch of times then futzing with the hot start got mine going eventually. You didn't break anything. Then again, I speak with all of three weeks' experience myself...

The WR's are often very difficult to start immediately after you've installed a freshly oiled air filter. Give it 12 hours and it will start up right away.

As an FYI, oil a second air filter in advance and keep in in a plastic bag if you wish to just switch and go. Otherwise, on the off chance you do get it started immediately, you run the risk of sucking air filter oil into the carb - a messy proposition to be sure.

Hope this helps