Good price on a left-over new YZ450?

I cant believe dealers are still trying to get those prices out of a 2009. I would not pay over 5K out the door for a 2009. I gave $4900 OTD last fall for a 2009 YZ450 and shortly after found them for $300 less about 3 hours away. I bought a 2009 because my buddy that bought my 1999 YZ400 still rides it. If I told you how many hard miles and hours were on that bike no one would believe it. Cases have still never been split. Everytime I ride with him I think when is this bike gonna blow. This has got to be the most reliable 450 motor to date. I figure if I get half the use out of my 2009 as he on that 1999 I will be very happy. The motor appears to have a very good track record and I am very pleased with the 2009 I purchased.:smirk:

The premium stuff on the '09 like the chain, Ti shock spring etc.

Premium chain on the '09 :smirk: ?? The stock chains are absolute garbage, nothing short. I got 8 hours of MX riding on mine before it was completely bagged out (adjusted after almost every ride), took it off before I wrecked my sprockets. Search the forum and you'll find out what guys think of the OEM chain.

Fyi, I paid $4600 OTD for a new '09 YZ450f in April of 2010 from a dealership in IA., but those prices/rebates (at that dealership) are long gone.

Edited by crf450319

This is amazing. I understand that they want to sell the new bikes, but what is the justification for selling the old ones for close to the price of a new one? if someone could afford a new one, then they probably wouldn't be looking at an older model. :smirk:

I'd love to look consider a 2009, but I wouldn't want to pay anything near $5500 otd for one.

Premium chain on the '09 :smirk: ?? The stock chains are absolute garbage, nothing short. I got 8 hours of MX riding on mine before it was completely bagged out (adjusted after almost every ride), took it off before I wrecked my sprockets. Search the forum and you'll find out what guys think of the OEM chain.

Fyi, I paid $4600 OTD for a new '09 YZ450f in April of 2010 from a dealership in IA., but those prices/rebates (at that dealership) are long gone.

8 hours ain't that bad. You'd get about eight minutes on a stock 2010 chain.

And, hate to be the bearer of bad news, but if your chain was worn that bad your rear sprocket was already wrecked.

8 hours ain't that bad.
Compare that with the year and a half I got from the last Regina ORN6 I replaced.

Yeah I know there were much better deals and rebates going for the 2009. Even around Christmas they were going for much better prices. But I've called lots of dealers over the past week or 2 and they're all quoting me $5,500.000 or more! So there aren't really any great deals around right now. But considering the standard price of a USED 2009 YZ450 around here is $5,100.00 right now... It's not too bad of a deal at all. I do have a question though. The Yamaha winter rebates are $750 right now... do you think the rebates will be better when they change to spring/summer? Basically will the deals get better closer to the summer? or not until next winter? because if the deals aren't going to get better until next winter I'm going to have to buy a bike for this summer. Crap... they probably know the buyer feels that way. The rebates change again may 31, 2011... So what do you guys think, will it be for the better or worse or not at all?

you should get a 2010 for a few bucks more. I just got a 2010 YZ450 (white/red) for 6400 OTD. 2009 YZ450 should be at or near 4000, 4500 max OTD. Just keep looking and making offers.

Where did you buy your 2010 for $ 6400?

What is a reasonable price on a 2011 YZ450F?

I'm looking for some good deals on 2010's or 2011's as well if anyone knows a shop that is interested in selling 3 bikes for a good package deal.