Good price on a left-over new YZ450?

Hell...I paid 5700...but that was almost a year ago! Value has to have dropped since then. Offer 4500...show them the money...leave your phone#...then walk.

See if you get a call back. After all...it IS old technology (which rocks my world every weekend!)

Good luck

• 10 months later...

A dealer is trying to offer me a 2009 YZ450 at $5775.00 with all free, prep and taxes. But I'm going to try to get him down to $5400.00..... is $5400 a good OTD price for a 2009 yz450 or should I look further for a better deal? I need to find a bike at a good price in Michigan or New York so I can import it to Ontario. If you know of any deals, let me know, that would be awesome! I know people have able to get them for less then that but I can't find any deals like that anywhere. Also let me know if $5400 is too steep. Thank you!

I paid 4900 otd about 7 months ago here in Arizona, there were 3 dealerships that were around that price. Go on to Yamaha's website, check their promotions, and see if they have Yamaha Cash or any other type of rebates available, dealerships like to charge customers the full price and still pocket the rebates, I worked at a crooked dealership like that for a very short period of time.

Yeah it's something that they will hardly ever admit to trying to do. The dealership that I worked at quoted me $6500 otd for my bike, that was supposed to be employee pricing. I went on to the Yamaha website, printed the rebates out, and asked them if they included it, and they assured me that they had. I went online and found 2 other places that had them for less than 5k otd and showed my work..... to make a long story short they made it happen, but it was there intention to try to screw me over, one of their employees.

Another interesting thing to note is how long the bike has been there. Many dealerships get their bikes basically on a loan that they don't pay on for 6 months with no interest. After the 6 month mark, they are forced to pay interest and etc... on the the bike. Can be used as a bargaining tool if used properly.

I've been quoted $5880.00 from a dealer out of New York for a 2009 YZ450.... Seems to be a little high still, I'm going to contact a few more dealers and see if I can get a better deal... That is a nice deal on the 2008 but I'm only interested in a 2009... The prices I have heard for a 2010 are just laughable. These are dirt bikes not full blown sport street bikes.

I wouldn't buy an 09 for close to 6k when you can buy a 10 for close to 6k. If it is a difference of 500 bucks for a superior machine I would go for it. paid 6200 for my 10 otd.

I went back and forth between a '10 yz vs' 09 yz vs '11crf. I could have pulled the trigger on a '10 yz for $1200 more than I paid for my '09.

I really wasn't sold on the technical aspects of the new design. Interesting but not necessarily better. The premium stuff on the '09 like the chain, Ti shock spring etc. were not put on the '10 for cost reasons. I also figured the '09 would need less aftermarket additions to get it where it needs to be than the '10 would. The '10 needs a pipe, intake mods, EFI reprograming and regearing to get it where it needs to be. The '09 just needs a pipe and a main jet.

At the end of the day the '10/'11 is a cool bike, but not a superior bike and at least 10 lbs heavier and $1000 more.