Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mottaguedes

Trail tools for a CRF450X?

7 posts in this topic

Hi All,

I recently bought a '08 CRF450X. This is my first Honda and my first 4 stroke.

Being used to 2 stroke Yamahas all my life I'm a bit insecure regarding what tools to take on the fanny pack.

This is what I used to carry on the 2 stroke. Anyone has any suggestions? A list of what you carry on your CRF? That would be great! Thanks! :banana:

ferramentas.jpg

1. Wrench set: 8, 10, 12, 13, 14mm;

2. Wrench set: 8/9, 10/11, 12/13, 14/15mm;

3. Spark plug/axles wrench set;

4. Spark plug;

5. Clutch and brake levers;

6. Saline solution, in case I get something in my eyes;

7. Pliers;

8. Phillips and flat blade screwdrivers;

9. Don't know how this is called in english, but basically you mix the two compounds, mold it, plug in a hole for example, and then it solidifies;

10. Nuts and bolts;;

11. Multi-tool with allen wrenches and screwdrivers;

12. Chain link;

13. Zip ties;

14. Not in the photo, the chain breaker.

Edited by mottaguedes

that seems like a pretty good kit. The only thing you are missing, and prob the most trail side used tool, is a set of tire irons and a tube!

that seems like a pretty good kit. The only thing you are missing, and prob the most trail side used tool, is a set of tire irons and a tube!

I used to carry those when I went on longer rides. But it's actually pretty rare for me to get a flat tire and the irons are so heavy and cumbersome that I gave up.

I've been eyeing some cool new magnesium irons lately though. They are supposed to be light and are smaller. :banana:

I used to carry those when I went on longer rides. But it's actually pretty rare for me to get a flat tire and the irons are so heavy and cumbersome that I gave up.

I've been eyeing some cool new magnesium irons lately though. They are supposed to be light and are smaller. :banana:

I'm not sure what's available to you, but I've always used 2 8" aluminum motion pro tire irons

just like the silver ones in this picture

http://www.bikebandit.com/assets/product_images/05MotionProAssTireIronLG.gif

Something to take the axles off maybe? motion pro make alloy tyre levers with a ring spanner on the other side. They weigh nothing and come in handy although they are a bit expensive