HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
norcal_hoss

Got my bike finally put back together 2010 450 picts

16 posts in this topic

Bikes been apart for a few weeks and finally put it together last night. Suspension valved by MX1, Akro exhaust system, ,larger sprocket,oring chain,low pegs, 280 ebc front rotor,cv4 hoses, and my sticker kit my buddy at DNA graphics made me. few picture

img1249copy.jpg

img1259copy.jpg

img1261copy.jpg

img1262copy.jpg

img1265copy.jpg

img1273copy.jpg

DUDE. To say she looks increible would does not do justice. I mean even your stand matches! Have you ever ridden it? It is so clean I can not imagine.

Nice rig.

Welcome back to the blueside Norcal Hoss, your bike looks awesome....curious what made you change from KTM?

Welcome back to the blueside Norcal Hoss, your bike looks awesome....curious what made you change from KTM?

Hey GA426 how ya been. Well in simple terms my wife has not been able to work since our baby 15 months ago and I paid cash for the ktm. I sold it and financed the YZ. Have nothing bad to say about the KTM what an awesome bike it is but so far I really like the Yami im heading out to ride it today see how the susp and exhaust and everything works now. Ill post something up.

Hey GA426 how ya been. Well in simple terms my wife has not been able to work since our baby 15 months ago and I paid cash for the ktm. I sold it and financed the YZ. Have nothing bad to say about the KTM what an awesome bike it is but so far I really like the Yami im heading out to ride it today see how the susp and exhaust and everything works now. Ill post something up.

I'm Still kickin Hoss.....I just get meaner with age and a lot less riding and a 20mo old.

Dude your are a lucky man, your wife lets you ride... with a 15mo old, can she talk to my wife :banana:

looking forward to your ride report man:thumbsup:

Hey hoss let me volunteer to help you evaluate all those changes you made, I'm thinking like 20 laps at 408 on saturday and 10 laps at oatfield on sunday? I'm still waiting for my bike and I sold my suzuki 3 weeks ago!! You bike looks great, did you get any info on maps during your trip to daytona?

beautiful bike, im starting to work on mine now, im ordering the new wheels tomorow. i really like you graphics and that is the major problem im having everything for the 2010 just sucks. is that custom

Very nice setup job!

Question on the pegs: looks like you've got Fastways, in the low-boy position, yes?

I tried to move mine over from my old YZ, but the brackets are different, and would've required backing the "kamber" bolt way out, almost 1/2". I spoke to ProMotoBillet and they said they hadn't heard of this, but agreed that the bolts can't be that far out with out breaking.

What did you do to set this up?

Very nice setup job!

Question on the pegs: looks like you've got Fastways, in the low-boy position, yes?

I tried to move mine over from my old YZ, but the brackets are different, and would've required backing the "kamber" bolt way out, almost 1/2". I spoke to ProMotoBillet and they said they hadn't heard of this, but agreed that the bolts can't be that far out with out breaking.

What did you do to set this up?

Ya I ran into the same problem. My pegs with stock bolts were facing downward.. I saw there was a low bracket for the yamaha but I was riding the next day and did not want to wait. I went to ACE hardware and got some longer bolts with a solid 1/4" spacer and it fit perfect the pegs are level now and back. So far no issues at all. I def would not back out the stock bolt it will snap for sure ive seen it happen and can cause some major injury. Just get a longer bolt, there goldish color very hard strong bolt with a spacer that will get the pegs level. My buddy did the same thing with no problems at 30 hours on his 2010. Just make sure the bolt is tightened all the way in againts the thick tube washer you buy at ace or somewhere like that. Its not a normal washer it shaped like a tube and the bolt slides through and loctite it and you should be good to go.

RE the Fastway pegs and low boy mount, here's what I heard back from ProMotoBillet customer support:

--------------------

"We do have something in the works for those pegs, though our solution will probably only work on the newer designs that we have that feature an 8mm camber bolt, whereas your particular setup is an older model of our pegs (note: 6mm bolt). We aren’t going to have a replacement bracket like we do for the earlier models. I do have some spacers and longer sized camber bolts that I could probably send your way, though I don’t know if they’ll be 100% correct. If anything I think the spacer we’d have for the camber bolt would be a bit on the long side, so if you have the capability to cut them down I can get you some parts to work with."

---------------------------

So, it appears that putting in a longer bolt with a 'tube' spacer is the recommended way to go.