08 or 09 YZ450F

I've been looking for a new 09 and have come across a smokin deal on a new 08. Anyone ride both and would recommend the 09 over the 08? I ride woods and harescrambles.

Thanks for everyone's input.

Tracy

im pretty sure their the same bike, if im wrong, there was only slight changes made between the 2 years. most likely u will be happy with either bike if i was you i would get the 08 and put themoney you save d towards some aftermarket parts

The '09 does have some refinements, but they're not huge in their effect.

One consideration is that the '09 has a new swing arm, and uses a larger axle, so the rear wheels from earlier models can't be directly interchanged. There is one fairly simple method of adapting them, if you can fabricate stuff, but if you think you want to get a second wheel set used, you should probably just get the '08.

Grey racer is right on with the changes between the 08/09. I have ridden both same day back to back. same same, go for the smokin deal on the 2008.

If you are set on the Yamaha brand I'd get the 08 in your situation.

I got an 08 450 and i love the thing. Only reason i would have wanted to get a 09 is because of the black wheels on special edition bike.

I love my 08 in the woods and on the track so you can't go wrong with either bike IMO.

I love my 08 in the woods and on the track so you can't go wrong with either bike IMO.

Yours must not have that rolling on ball bearings all the time feel to it? My 06 is really starting to piss me off with the way it handles.

Yours must not have that rolling on ball bearings all the time feel to it? My 06 is really starting to piss me off with the way it handles.

I know a guy that is a former factory Yamaha rider from the early 80's(I can PM his name if you want,not gonna mention it publicly) and he even agreed that the 08 is a totally different feeling bike. I know Langston thought so when he won the title in 07 he claimed that halfway through the season they switched to the 08 frame and it made a world of difference to him in how the bike felt. The 08 fram is suppose to have better flex than the 06/07 frames.

I know a guy that is a former factory Yamaha rider from the early 80's(I can PM his name if you want,not gonna mention it publicly) and he even agreed that the 08 is a totally different feeling bike. I know Langston thought so when he won the title in 07 he claimed that halfway through the season they switched to the 08 frame and it made a world of difference to him in how the bike felt. The 08 fram is suppose to have better flex than the 06/07 frames.

Huh, that I didn't know.