HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wtatters

started smoking

1 post in this topic

I was needing some ideas of what to look for. I have a 02 yz426 and after trail riding this weekend and getting home from the carwash, I tried to start the bike and forgot to take out the pipe plug. Once I got it started it was smoking grey heavily. It went away after riding around the yard. the next day I started it again, it was a little more difficult this time, but it smoked again and didnt quit. I did not ride it this time. Three days later I roll it outside and try to start it and find out the plug is fouled(black and really wet) Im not sure if having the pipe plug in blew out the valve seals or if the pressure somehow just fouled the plug or if its all coincidence and my rings or cylinder is just shot. sorry for the length. Any help is much appreciated I also just realized I posted in the wr instead of the yz. sorry

Edited by Wtatters
wrong forum