Electrical current through levers..... ?

Hey guys,

08 WR450F Aussie Spec.

Need some advice on where to start -

While out riding I have noticed an intermittent electrical current current going through my clutch and front brake lever (maybe the whole frame, but my hands are the only thing that feels it). I'm not sure where to start. Has this happened to anyone else? It makes it pretty difficult to feather the front brake when the current causes muscle contraction :banana:

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers.

Place some electrical tape UNDER the engine cut-off switch (wrap tape around the handlebars where the kill switch mounts) and you should eliminate that problem. It happened to me on my WR400 when WOT in the desert....sucks to be "bitten" like that at high speed!

Place some electrical tape UNDER the engine cut-off switch (wrap tape around the handlebars where the kill switch mounts) and you should eliminate that problem. It happened to me on my WR400 when WOT in the desert....sucks to be "bitten" like that at high speed!

I will have to give that a try. Pretty funny, I thought it was just my bike:bonk:

If it's any consolation, my '08 has the same issue, apparently .....

it only happens (sometimes) when other people ride it believe it or not.

I have never felt it!

I put it down to damp (sweaty) gloves or something.

I've never bothered to try and fix it because, as I said, it has never happened to me!

Greg

I have a 2008 wr450f and i had to disconnect the front brake light switch from under the headlight to stop the electrical shocks. Very off putting when you are hard on the anchors.

let us know if you find the answers so i can fix my bike properly

Evan

I don't have a DS kit on mine, and it was happening to me. I didn't do the tape thing, but it was something with the kill switch. Once I took it apart, cleaned it, and reassembled it, the problem was solved. :banana:

I should add that my shocks were coming from the ends of the grips, where they had been cut due to the addition of the hand guards. I also taped that exposed handlebar/handguard junction and I had no further festivities....