HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
joehonee

Trail Tech Vapor Custom Mount

7 posts in this topic

Last week I saw a picture on TT of someone who had mounted the Trail Tech Vapor head unit in their 1 1/8" handlebar pad. It was super slick and I was thinking about stealing the idea but can't seem to find the post. Anyone done this before or know where the heck I saw it?

It was an hour meter, not a Vapor. Use the advanced search on those keywords.

as an option, i mounted my Vapor to the bolt that holds the front of the tank. just made a small custom bracket out of sheet aluminum

IMG_1951.jpg

pic isn't the greatest, but you can see my vapor just ahead of the gas cap. if you wanna do it this way, i'll take some better pics

I like everything about that bike!

I would be interested in seeing a better shot of your mount. Up close with it on and with the trail tech off to see what the mount looks like.

Last week I saw a picture on TT of someone who had mounted the Trail Tech Vapor head unit in their 1 1/8" handlebar pad. It was super slick and I was thinking about stealing the idea but can't seem to find the post. Anyone done this before or know where the heck I saw it?

May have been mine. I actually went to a motorcycle salvage and managed to find a bracket that had holes spaced exactly the same as the bar bolts, so I drilled 2 holes on the mount and bolted the TT down on it then bolted that to the bars.

If you have the option of checking a local salvage yard, take down the top bar mount holder as a reference and see if they can find something for you. Mine was free.

If you need I can take some more pics for you. I actually just pulled it off last night and painted it black. Let me know.

-John

PS, here's a pic I had posted a couple weeks ago.

IMG_9682.jpg