Trail Tech Vapor Custom Mount

Last week I saw a picture on TT of someone who had mounted the Trail Tech Vapor head unit in their 1 1/8" handlebar pad. It was super slick and I was thinking about stealing the idea but can't seem to find the post. Anyone done this before or know where the heck I saw it?

It was an hour meter, not a Vapor. Use the advanced search on those keywords.

as an option, i mounted my Vapor to the bolt that holds the front of the tank. just made a small custom bracket out of sheet aluminum

IMG_1951.jpg

pic isn't the greatest, but you can see my vapor just ahead of the gas cap. if you wanna do it this way, i'll take some better pics

swatdoc, I like the black frame on your bike, really looks great!

I like everything about that bike!

I would be interested in seeing a better shot of your mount. Up close with it on and with the trail tech off to see what the mount looks like.

no prob finch - i'll try to get those on here thurs or friday

Last week I saw a picture on TT of someone who had mounted the Trail Tech Vapor head unit in their 1 1/8" handlebar pad. It was super slick and I was thinking about stealing the idea but can't seem to find the post. Anyone done this before or know where the heck I saw it?

May have been mine. I actually went to a motorcycle salvage and managed to find a bracket that had holes spaced exactly the same as the bar bolts, so I drilled 2 holes on the mount and bolted the TT down on it then bolted that to the bars.

If you have the option of checking a local salvage yard, take down the top bar mount holder as a reference and see if they can find something for you. Mine was free.

If you need I can take some more pics for you. I actually just pulled it off last night and painted it black. Let me know.

-John

PS, here's a pic I had posted a couple weeks ago.

IMG_9682.jpg