Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FOX426

Flywheel weight

7 posts in this topic

My 426 is set up for woods riding. Harescrambles. I can keep it singing pretty good through the trees but still stall when using rear brake hard(Tree). I am going to go with a flywheel weight and am trying to decide between 10oz or 12oz. I went to a rear sprocket 52 tooth and like the results but still feel I need the flywheel weight . whats working for you?

I have a 10 on mine and it helped. I would suggest putting on the biggest available, which is 12 or 14, if you are in the woods. I only do woods and did not want to wait for mine to be welded on. That's why I went with the bolt on 10 oz. Stealy weight.

I believe Scott's has a 12oz. weight that bolts on. I could be wrong but that's what they show on their website.

Thank, I just ordered a 10 oz from Terrycable.I think with the bigger sprocket already on this should do the trick. 4banger,did the 10oz pretty much resolve the stalling?

------------------

The world loves talent but, pays off on character.

I have a '98 YZ400 with a 10 oz weight, 1 tooth down on the CS sprocket, and idle set up slightly. Rarely stall...

Paul in AZ

On my 99 I have the 10.5 bolt on type so that I can take it off very easy. But if I remember correctly anything bigger requires the removal of the flywheel and shipped to the manufacturer to have the weight weld/riveted on the flywheel. That is why mine has the 10.5. But that might have changed.

------------------

Scott #431

Some Fear Racing "Cause if you don't have any you ain't going fast enough"

'99 YZ400F(Coming to a Theater near you soon)

'92 ZX-7R and '97 ZX-7RR

"Doesn't hurt till the bone is exposed"

"When cut do you bleed green? I do!"

Pics