HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Youser

Seal saver question wrf 450

10 posts in this topic

Hi all, hope someone can help me. I installed one of the long sealsavers on the right side of the bike. It went on ok, but the left side that has the bracket that holds the brake is too big to fit the seal saver around to slide up the fork. I was wondering if there is somehow you can remove the bracket at the bottom of the fork or if I should loosen the triple clams and slide the fork down, install seal saver, then reinstall the fork. I was wondering if anyone else has installed seal savers on their WR 450 or yz and what you have done. Thanks for any replies.

Ive always pulled the forks out of the triple clamp and slid them on from the top. Ive only put them on when installing new seals though. Isnt too bad to slide one fork out especially with another hand.

Not to hijack the thread but this goes along with the seal savers. ...I put a set of the velcro seal savers on but the lowwer fork guards have rubbed thru the seal savers. Any suggestions on how to prevent this?

Not to hijack the thread but this goes along with the seal savers. ...I put a set of the velcro seal savers on but the lowwer fork guards have rubbed thru the seal savers. Any suggestions on how to prevent this?

Are you still using those little plastic rings that fit in the groove in the fork for the fork guard to slide against? I still use it over the top of the seal saver and have not had a problem, but I don't use the velcro type. Maybe that type is too thick at the point of the velcro to allow using the plastic rings.

Yes but I left them on the forks and installed the savers over them. And this is where they are being worn away. The velcro area is too thick to install the rings over IMO.

Is there a proper way to install the velcro savers and us the plastic glide rings on top of them?

Yes but I left them on the forks and installed the savers over them. And this is where they are being worn away. The velcro area is too thick to install the rings over IMO.

Is there a proper way to install the velcro savers and us the plastic glide rings on top of them?

I would imagine you could use one of the big industrial size zip ties as a replacement for the plastic ring and just zip it over the top. If you put the seal saver over the stock plastic ring then, yes it's going to wear through the seal saver every time.

What he said!! I used the big heavy duty tie wraps instead of the plastic clamps. Works great.

Thanks for all of the suggestions. I removed the fork which took about 3 minutes, installed the seal saver and put the fork back on. It was really easy. The white plastic rings I put on top of the seal saver and it seems to work pretty good. I saw other people doing in on other posts.:banana: