HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CRFMike_5

Now the oils leakin!?!?!?!?

7 posts in this topic

alright so from my precious thread the "I got screwed", I replaced my oring in the pipe that connects the water pump to the radiator and no more leaking! but now I went for about a 3-4 mile ride and come back put it in the garage and see oil dripping, its a very slow drip its not from the drain bolt, somewhere near the shift lever is there any common seals or gaskets that go out here that will cause oil to drip?

its a 98 wr400 btw

There's a crankcase breather hose that dumps in that area. It's normal for it to drip a bit.

The seal behind the front sprocket tends to go bad. Happened to my bike, or it could be coming from the seal on the shifter. Try to wipe it away any oil around there and start it up and trace the oil to the source.

There's a crankcase breather hose that dumps in that area. It's normal for it to drip a bit.

is it normal for it to get on my chain and throw oil spatter over the whole under the rear fender lol? atleast I dont have to lube the chain lol:smirk:

and thers some oil coming out from right under the header what should I do about that? there wasnt any gasket when i pulled it off earlier?

Based on your first post, I'd check close around the countershaft sprocket - pretty common to get leaks there. Then maybe at the shift lever. If its the countershaft seal, not too hard if you take your time. Do a search here....be sure to replace the seal AND the collar and o-ring that run inside the seal. Good luck!