valve face

Is this a sign of serious wear? (YZ426F, Ti Valves)

valve.jpg

Yes it is.

With the 426, you do have the option of using the SS valves from the 2000 model if you use the springs for the 2000 along with them. Great way to save money on the job.

Yes it is.

With the 426, you do have the option of using the SS valves from the 2000 model if you use the springs for the 2000 along with them. Great way to save money on the job.

Thank you grayracer513! How good are the SS valves performance/durability wise in comparison to the Ti? Do they last longer?

Thank you grayracer513! How good are the SS valves performance/durability wise in comparison to the Ti? Do they last longer?
Let's see, yours are 8 years old....

I would say they last longer, but that's kind of hard to know, given how long some of either type last. You won't notice any difference in performance.

The key to long valve life after a rebuild is healthy guides and properly refinished seats.

The other 2 intake valves look pretty much the same as the middle valve in the picture.

I'll be replacing all intakes with new SS ones.

The two exhaust valves are in excellent condition.

My question is can mix Ti with SS? (If I keep the Ti ex valves)

You can mix them that way, sure. Just be sure to use the right springs on the right valves. The downside is you have no idea how long the exhaust valves will last from this point.

Thank you grayracer513