Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
06_WR_450

Searching for a headlight protector

7 posts in this topic

I have a bad habit of crowding the guy in front of me:bonk: While on a recent trip to Big Bend a rock busted the glass on the head light.

I'm searching for some ideas, links and recommendations on how to protect the headlight on my '06 WR450.

Thanks in advance.

I'm searching for some ideas, links and recommendations on how to protect the headlight on my '06 WR450.

Go to Home Depot and get once of these and duck tape it across the light :thumbsup:

58c1-utility-box-cover-2-x-4.25.16225-x.jpg

Thanks for the idea. Problem is I need the light to ride on the road legally. Sorry I didn't specify that.

Thanks for the idea. Problem is I need the light to ride on the road legally. Sorry I didn't specify that.

Hmm...do a search...this has been discussed before

Not sure what everyone is using to get around your problem (sorry I cant help)

I've been using a 3M product called Xpel for a few years. Finally, after 3 years of riding and many smaller hits, a golf ball size rock was roosted toward me while going about 60 mph and that was all it could take. Now I have two layers of Xpel.

It's completely clear; you wouldn't know it was there unless I told you, and it's relatively cheap. I bought enough material to cover four WR headlights (or two double layer) for about $10. :thumbsup::ride:

Thanks all. Found some ideas from the DRZ section as well. Learned that this software automatically posts similar threads toward the bottom of the page:) How about that?