HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
thmlrmg

hotcams opinions?

2 posts in this topic

I have an 08 yz450f and was thinking about adding a set of stage 1 hotcams and was wondering what the opinions on here was about hotcams? Are they worth the money or not?

I have an 08 yz450f and was thinking about adding a set of stage 1 hotcams and was wondering what the opinions on here was about hotcams? Are they worth the money or not?

from what i have experienced and read, cams (especially hotcams stage 1s) are a waste of money UNLESS you do some head work (port and polish) with them. Stage 1s require no spring changes or anything. To me this means that they will make no real horsepower. I had stage 1s on a crf 80 i used to have and the only difference they made was the amount of compression i felt at the kickstarter. I felt no added performance and to be quite honest was pissed that I wasted the $250. The pipe that i put on made more power than the cams. So the only way cams will make you happy is if you go with a wild grind that causes you to upgrade springs and such along with doing some headwork. In my opinion save your money for a pipe, it will make more power and will not feel like wasted money.